For the eighth year, the Fortius Awards Gala was held in Madrid. The event is organized by the Spanish Association of Experts in Customer Relations (AEERC) and awards the best profiles within the call center industry in Spain.
During the years, this conference has become in a “must attend event” for the customer service professionals in Spain. The highlights of the event is the awards ceremony, where the people who works everyday in the contact center to deliver excellent customer service are awarded for their constant effort, dedication, engagement and passion.
Transcom Spain is very proud to announce that one of our employees in Sevilla, Rocío Gómez, won the prize for Best Supervisor (Team Leader). As a part of the prize, Rocío won a scholarship to study the Superior Program in Contact Center Management by the ICEMD/ESIC.
Congratulations Rocío! Thanks for representing Transcom values and of course, for being a member of our company!
I also want to congratulate all the finalists and the winners, as I am aware of the hard and complicated process for selecting the nominees. It’s very tough competition and only the best make it to the final. Every year there are more applicants and it takes a great effort of the jury, composed by representatives of companies and institutions and well as by professional managers with in-depth experience of the Contact Center industry.
Transcom, based in Groningen, is proud to announce that we have won the jury award during the Dutch National Customer Contact Week 2016.
The proud management team of Transcom Netherlands receives the award in Groningen.
This special week is organized annually to give customer contact specialists some extra attention. The theme of this week was ‘Love for our profession’.
All kinds of activities were organized during the week by the local FUN organisation (a group of employees responsible for events at Transcom in Groningen) such as; employees could surprise a colleague with a personalized heart, a day full of fruit including smoothies, a food truck with delicious “stroopwafels” (dutch waffles).
All 1 200 employees received a rose with a personal message from the Country Manager Joop Evers and on the final day, everyone could spin the feel of fortune to win a prize.
The jury described Transcom as:
“A successful and extremely fast-growing contact center where, despite the developments, employees were not forgotten. Transcom creates a very positive and enthusiastic atmosphere which stimulates success.”
Even the judges want to work for Transcom!
Transcom’s 2015 year-end report was released this morning.
We are making progress towards our financial targets. The closure of our loss-making site in Colombia and the simplification of our regional and management structure will support margin improvements going forward.
These are the highlights for Q4 2015:
- Organic growth was negative 4.1%. Transcom’s previously disclosed decision not to renew an agreement with an Italian public sector client had a negative 3.5% impact on growth in the quarter.
- EBIT margin in Q4 2015 was 2.6% (5.8% in Q4 2014). EBIT margin excluding non-recurring items was 4.1% (5.8% in Q4 2014).
- Profitability improved in the North America & Asia Pacific region, while we saw a negative development in the Iberia & Latam region.
- As announced on January 18, 2016, we are closing our loss-making site in Colombia. A restructuring cost of €2.3 million has been recognized in the Q4 2015. Also, Transcom’s management structure will be simplified in order to improve efficiency. These actions will benefit margins in the years ahead.
- Net debt/EBITDA 0.6, compared to 0.9 in Q4 2014.
- The Board of Directors recommends a dividend for 2015 amounting to SEK 1.75 per share.
Important focus areas for Transcom in the coming years are to ensure that we have efficient and effective regional and corporate functions, that our sites deliver superior performance through operational excellence, that we excel in contract and account management, and that we win long-term profitable business in line with Transcom’s commercial and operational set-up.
Feel free to have a look at the presentation below or contact me with any questions.